After you upgrade your computer to Windows 10, if your Lexmark Printer Drivers are not working, you can fix the problem by updating the drivers. It is possible that your Printer driver is not compatible with the newer version of Windows.
Find Lexmark Printer Device Drivers by Model Name or Number
Update the Lexmark X5470 Printers Drivers For Windows 8 with ease. Easy Driver Pro makes getting the Official Lexmark X5470 Printers Drivers For Windows 8 a snap. Easy Driver Pro will scan your computer for missing, corrupt, and outdated Drivers. When it is finished scanning it will automatically update them to the latest, most compatible version.
How to Update Device Drivers
There are two ways to update drivers.
Option 1 (Recommended): Update drivers automatically - Novice computer users can update drivers using trusted software in just a few mouse clicks. Automatic driver updates are fast, efficient and elimate all the guesswork. Your old drivers can even be backed up and restored in case any problems occur.
Option 2: Update drivers manually - Find the correct driver for your Printer and operating system, then install it by following the step by step instructions below. You’ll need some computer skills to use this method.
Option 1: Update drivers automatically
The Driver Update Utility for Lexmark devices is intelligent software which automatically recognizes your computer’s operating system and Printer model and finds the most up-to-date drivers for it. There is no risk of installing the wrong driver. The Driver Update Utility downloads and installs your drivers quickly and easily.
You can scan for driver updates automatically with the FREE version of the Driver Update Utility for Lexmark, and complete all necessary driver updates using the premium version.
Tech Tip: The Driver Update Utility for Lexmark will back up your current drivers for you. If you encounter any problems while updating your drivers, you can use this feature to restore your previous drivers and configuration settings.
Download the Driver Update Utility for Lexmark.
Double-click on the program to run it. It will then scan your computer and identify any problem drivers. You will see a results page similar to the one below:
Click the Update Driver button next to your driver. The correct version will be downloaded and installed automatically. Or, you can click the Update Drivers button at the bottom to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out-of-date on your system.
Option 2: Update drivers manually
To find the latest driver, including Windows 10 drivers, choose from our list of most popular Lexmark Printer downloads or search our driver archive for the driver that fits your specific Printer model and your PC’s operating system.
If you cannot find the right driver for your device, you can request the driver. We will find it for you. Or, try the automatic option instead.
Tech Tip: If you are having trouble finding the right driver update, use the Lexmark Printer Driver Update Utility. It is software which finds, downloads and istalls the correct driver for you - automatically.
After downloading your driver update, you will need to install it. Driver updates come in a variety of file formats with different file extensions. For example, you may have downloaded an EXE, INF, ZIP, or SYS file. Each file type has a slighty different installation procedure to follow. Visit our Driver Support Page to watch helpful step-by-step videos on how to install drivers based on their file extension.
How to Install Drivers
After you have found the right driver, follow these simple instructions to install it.
- Power off your device.
- Disconnect the device from your computer.
- Reconnect the device and power it on.
- Double click the driver download to extract it.
- If a language option is given, select your language.
- Follow the directions on the installation program screen.
- Reboot your computer.
I have a Lexmark x5470 printer and had the same problems that everyone else is having. I used what others have been saying to help correct my problems. Here's basically what I did.
1. Downloaded and saved the latest install for the x5470 (cjs5400EN.exe for windows 64-bite) from Lexmark's Support site.
2. Went into Services and stopped the print spooler.
3. Removed both the Lexmark FAX and PRINTER using 'Devices and Printers' found in Control Panel.
4. Ran the uninstall for the Lexmark 5400 series using the 'Programs and Features' found in Control Panel.
5. Turned off and disconnected the printer from the computer.
7. Rechecked both 'Devices and Printers' and 'Programs and Features', making sure there were no references to Lexmark printers at all. If there are references remove them.
8. I used the cleanup utilities CCcleaner and I also ran my System Mechanic Pro (their latest versions) to clean things out of my computer and Windows Registry (which both utilities found references to Lexmark 5400 printers and deleted those references). You should backup the Windows Registry before doing the cleanup; just in case.
9. After the cleanup...reboot.
10. Right click cjs5400EN.exe and within properties check run in compatibility mode and then run as Administrator. Read and follow the instructions given by this install. DO NOT plug in and then power on the printer until the install tells you to. When the install ask to restart/reboot do it.
11. Your system may restart again while rebooting. This is normal and OK. Once your system is back up login and the install will have you select you preferences and then click FINISH...you should be good to PRINT.
Lexmark X5470 Win8 Driver
This worked for me on my Dell XPS435MT (64-bit) with Windows 10 PRO.
As for Microsoft Office 2007 PRO all applications work fine after the install was successful.
As for EDGE you must click on more options and select the printer you want to use.
Lexmark X5470 Printer Software
As for IE 11 under FILE on the Menu Bar select print and then select your printer. If the Lexmark printer is the default it will be hi-lighted.
HOPE this helps others that are having the same or similar problems with their Lexmark all-in-one printer. BTW I spoke to Lexmark...no new drivers or software for the x5470 will ever be coming. They offered me a 30% discount to upgrade to a new Laser all-in-one; may just take them up on that, if I can't find anything better.
Lexmark X5470 Printer Install